The Sawyer SquareTop DyneLite Oar is simply the best rowing, lightest swing weight, whitewater proven oar on the planet! Solid laminated Douglas Fir from the top of the handle to the tip of the blade. These oars combine the unduplicated feel and progressive flex that only a tapered wood shaft delivers with the added strength of a carbon fiber braid wrap. The name comes from the oversized square top from the handle to the rope wrap, which provides a counter balanced feel without compromising floatation. Yes, a counter balanced oar that floats... flat on the water!
All For more than 47 years Sawyer has been crafting performance driven paddles and oars from the highest quality materials available. Made in the beautiful Rogue River Valley, USA.
- Available Lengths: 8'6" to 11' (overall length)
- Shaft diameter at Wrap: 2.3"
- Three DyneLite™ blade choices:
Narrow: 6" W x 30" L
Wide (standard): 7" W x 30" L
Shoal Cut: 8.5" W x 30" L
- Solid laminated Douglas Fir wood oar
- Carbon Fiber Braid reinforced shaft
- Carbon fiber reinforced DyneLite blade with Dynel and Kevlar ProTip protection
- Counter balanced "Square Top"
- Comes standard with rope wrap and rubber stop